Are you thinking about making some of your own Easter Decorations this year? sitting down with the kids and getting the art and crafts box out?
We have some great ideas that you can get crafting. We have a variety of craft ideas including Easter Origami, Easter Bonnet making and more. We also have tips and ideas on how to decorate for your Easter Tea party or ideas for sending your loved one a personal gift this Easter.
Why do we Celebrate Easter Sunday?
We Celebrate Easter Sunday as the day of Jesus Christ’s resurrection. According to the Gospel of John in the New Testament, Mary Magdalene came to the tomb where Jesus was buried and found it empty. An angel told her that Jesus had risen.
So we give Easter Eggs to represent Jesus’s Resurrection, but what does the Easter Bunny have to do with Easter? well, not a lot.. The Easter Bunny theory came into play in the late 1650 when the first ‘story’ was published about a Bunny Laying eggs in the garden and hiding them, then the tradition came into play about making Nests for the Rabbit to lay eggs and eventually nests became colourful baskets and eggs were swapped with candy and other treats.
Creating your Easter Bonnets
Bonnets came thanks to Easter being known as a time for renewal. With Lent over, people were keen to mark the religious occasion, female churchgoers were eager to make and show off their new clothes, including hats.
So this started the tradition of wearing Easter bonnets.
How would you create and design your Easter Bonnet? have a look below on some designs we like using Balloons to Mould the bonnet using Papier Mache.
Papier Mache Chick in a Nest! – What a fabulous idea with craft making..
Easter Bonnets can be quick and easy to make using a Biodegradable Latex Balloon (which can be found on our website by clicking here) some news paper, PVA Glue and then paint and extras to Decorate.
- For a balloon mold, just papier mache over the top half of the balloon.
- After making three layers of papier mache, set your project aside to dry. It will take about 2 to 3 days to dry completely.
- Once the papier mache is completely dry, you can separate it from its mold.
- Pop the balloon with a pin or sharp object. Remove the balloon from the papier mache.
Once this is done, you can then decorate using paints, coloured paper, Googly Eyes etc to create your your very own Hat!
A simple way to have a play with the kids!
Have you seen our previous blog on how to create your own Easter Baskets?
Click below to view our step by step guide – Click Here.
Creating your own Origami Easter Bunny
Why not sit the kids down and create your own Origami Easter Bunny? We have made it simple for you to make an Easter Bunny out of a piece of paper! Cheap, easy way to get the kids to sit down and use their imagination crafting and making..
10 simple steps:
- Start by Folding your square in half folding and creasing carefully to make a triangle shape.
- Fold the Triangle in half again and crease.
- Open up the last fold, so you once again have the larger triangle shape.
- Carefully fold up the long edge of the triangle, about 1/4 of the distance.
- Fold one of the bottom corners up along the middle crease line.
- Now fold the other corner up in the same way.
- Flip the model over to the other side. Now turn the top corners down
- Undo the fold you just made and reverse it – folding the points backwards and in towards the ears.
- Flip the whole thing over again, and turn the bottom point up about 1/4 of the way. It can be a little tricky to do this as the paper will be stiff.
- Turn the bunny back over again, and he is ready for a face! If you are careful, you can stand your bunny up, using the last fold you made to balance him.
Decorating for your Easter Party
At Balloons Galore we specialise in printed balloons to add a little something extra for decorating your party. We have Easter Balloons in stock (please click here to view our pre-printed foil balloons) or you can design your very own personalised balloons/bunting and banners to create your own personalised items.
We have a variety of items you can personalise online adding photographs, text and using our clip-art stock images all tailored for your own designs.
You can personalise Confetti Filled Latex Balloons, Photo Foil Balloons, Ombre Orbs with Text and Confetti Filled Bubble balloons to place around your event or party, add some Bunting to the room to add a little more decoration. (Visit our online Designer today – click here)
We hope this has been a good read and you have got some great ideas on Decorations and crafting this Easter.
HAPPY EASTER from all at Balloons Galore