Gone are the days of just using balloons for birthday parties, balloons are now revolutionising the way brands celebrate milestones and promote their services. A question that gets asked regularly, however, is which type of balloon should you use? Latex or foil? There are benefits to both, let’s take a look, shall we?
The Benefits of Latex Balloons
- Latex balloons are the most affordable out of the different types available, this makes them perfect for buying in bulk for bigger events
- Latex is a very versatile material so they can be filled with helium, air or water
- Latex balloons are biodegradable and environmentally safe – they degrade between 4 months and 8 years
The Benefits of Foil Balloons
- Foil balloons can last up to 5 days making them great for longer events
- They are available in a huge range of shapes including, hearts, giant letters, numbers and stars
- The balloons have a mirror-like quality, which makes them popular with photographers and artists
Unfortunately, like with everything, there are cons, but don’t let them influence your decision too much.
The Disadvantages of Latex Balloons
- Due to the porous latex membrane, latex balloons will deflate faster than foil balloons. So we recommend only using them for 1-day events
- Balloons need to be inflated just before the event, so it is important to make sure you allow time to do this before your event
The Disadvantages of Foil Balloons
- Foil balloons are more expensive than latex ones so you will need to allow for a bigger budget if you are wanting a large display
- Unfortunately with foil balloons, due to the material, Myllar, there are no practical recycling methods, which is why people recommend getting them in smaller quantities
We hope the above has helped you make your decision on what balloons to choose for your event. Please browse our fantastic range of both latex and foil balloons where you can find a huge range of styles, suitable for all events! If you are still stuck and need some advice, give us a call on 01455 284422.